Bangladeshi Terrorist Warned About New York Attack On Facebook Before Failing To Blow Himself Up

Ashley Collman | Daily Mail

Bangladeshi Terrorist Warned About New York Attack On Facebook Before Failing To Blow Himself Up
The Bangladeshi terrorist detonated a pipe bomb in a commuter tunnel linking Times Square with the Port Authority Bus Terminal on Monday, December 11th.

Just before he tried blowing himself up in a New York City subway tunnel on Monday, Akayed Ullah took to Facebook and hinted at his sinister plan. (RELATED: Family Of Bangladeshi Terrorist ‘Outraged’ Over Police Behavior)

‘Trump you failed to protect your nation,’ Ullah posted just before the attack, prosecutors revealed in court on Tuesday as he was hit with federal terrorism charges.

Ullah also reportedly showed his distaste for his adopted country by writing on his passport ‘O, America, die in your rage,’ the complaint says.

The criminal complaint also states that Ullah said he carried out the attack in the name of the Islamic State.

‘I did it for the Islamic State,’ he told investigators.

‘Ullah carried out the December 11 attack in part because of the United States government’s policies in, among other places, the Middle East.

‘One of Ullah’s goals in carrying out the December 11 attack was to terrorize as many people as possible. He chose to carry out the attack on a workday because he believed that there would be more people,’ the complaint reads.

Prosecutors say Ullah began the radicalization process back in 2014, when he started watching and reading ISIS propaganda.

He started buying ingredients for his bomb about two to three weeks ago, and assembled it in his Brooklyn apartment last week.

The Bangladeshi immigrant faces charges of bombing a public place, using a weapon of mass destruction and material support for a foreign terrorist organization.

He was also hit with state charges including criminal possession of a weapon, supporting an act of terrorism, and making a terrorist threat.

It was unclear if the Bangladeshi immigrant, who was hospitalized with burns to his hands and stomach, was well enough to make a court appearance.

Meanwhile, investigators in Bangladesh were questioning Ullah’s wife, 25-year-old Jannatul Ferdous Jui, according to two officials who declined to be identified as they were not permitted to discuss the matter publicly. They did not provide details on the questioning, but said the couple have a six-month-old baby boy.

Read the rest of the story here.